Rules & Scoring
Open to 3°, 4° y 5° año who live in S.A. de Areco, San Andrés de Giles y Carmen de Areco.
Answer the question: What can you do to improve your watershed?
- 1-4 students per team
- Identify an environmental concern
- Research the concern (discuss the idea with parents, teachers, friends and local experts)
- Identify a SOLUTION to address the concern
- Explain your idea in an approximately 1,000 word proposal. Use graphics, models, pictures or videos to supplement your idea.
- Entries are judged on: (see Scoring for details)
- Environmental Impact
- Comprehensive Scope and Communication
- Realistic Solution
- Submit your entry online or by mail. All support materials not submitted online must be sent to the local Contest Coordinator using the assigned Contestant Code before the contest deadline.
- Ten finalists in each category will be selected to make a 5 minute verbal presentation to a panel of judges and a public audience.
- Implement your idea (this is voluntary). Funding is available.
- Win awards for yourself and your school!
You may download a PDF of the following Scoring Guidelines:
Finalists “Content Score” will be added to their “Verbal Competition Score” to determine placement.