Sustainable Development Goals
As part of the United Nations 2030 Agenda the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are an urgent call for action for everyone in the world. The goals provide a strategic plan for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future
How does Caring for Our Watersheds (CFW) contribute to the SDGs?
CFW contributes to many of the SDGs through the diverse environmental solutions that students implement in their communities and beyond.
Download this SDG poster to learn more, or to reference for proposal writing:
Some of the goals that CFW impacts most include:
- 6.3 By 2030, improve water quality by reducing pollution, eliminating dumping and minimizing release of hazardous chemicals and materials, halving the proportion of untreated wastewater and substantially increasing recycling and safe reuse globally
- 6.6 By 2020, protect and restore water-related ecosystems, including mountains, forests, wetlands, rivers, aquifers and lakes
- 6.6.b Support and strengthen the participation of local communities in improving water and sanitation management
- 12.5 By 2030, substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse
- 12.8 By 2030, ensure that people everywhere have the relevant information and awareness for sustainable development and lifestyles in harmony with nature